Birchall Blackburn Law
Birchall Blackburn Law provides trusted legal services and support to people who have lost a loved one suddenly and unexpectedly.
We use all our expertise to take care of the practical and legal burdens that families have to deal with after the loss of a loved one; leaving them to focus on their grief and the hope of rebuilding their lives.
We are a long-established law firm of specialist solicitors who can help with:
- Serious and catastrophic personal injury compensation when the death of a loved one has been caused by the negligence of another
- Medical negligence compensation
- Benefits and financial advice to ensuring financial commitments are met
- Supporting bereaved families at coroner inquests or criminal court proceedings
- Fatal criminal injury claims when a person dies after being the innocent victim of a violent crime
- Trusts, Wills and Probate, and Legal Powers of Attorney to see that an individual’s wishes are met when they are no longer able to communicate important decisions themselves
- Court of Protection matters for vulnerable adults, children and the elderly, and members of our team are Court Appointed Deputies.
- Family Law matters including child protection and cohabiting rights
A full list of all our legal services and other ways we can help you can be found on our website here or call 0800 988 1548.
Birchall Blackburn Law is a proud sponsor of the Sudden Bereavement Helpline
On a daily basis our legal teams help bereaved people and we know that we must be more than lawyers in such circumstances. Whether we are supporting a family in the initial stages of coming to terms with the death of a loved one or helping them adapt to life in the long-term, our team is there every step of the way. So, we are very proud to be able to support such a vital and necessary service for families facing the sudden death of a loved one.
It is hard to think of anything more shocking and overwhelming than the sudden death of someone you are close to and love. Unfortunately, it is something I see all too frequently as we help many families in the aftermath of road traffic collisions and fatal criminal injuries.
It is absolutely vital that grieving families can immediately access professional, specialist and compassionate bereavement support. The quicker people can get help, the quicker they can start to rebuild their lives. That is why the Sudden Bereavement Helpline is such an essential service and I’m delighted we can support the brilliant helpline case workers.”
Quentin Underhill, Partner and Head of Catastrophic and Serious Injury, Birchall Blackburn Law.